Dr. Gurrapu is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Board Certified in Obesity Medicine with 15+ years of experience proudly serving the state of Texas.
A primary care physician (PCP) is a physician who provides both the first contact for a person with an undiagnosed health concern as well as continuing care of varied medical conditions, not limited by cause, organ system, or diagnosis. When you are looking for your PCP, you need consider 3 factors.
- Board certification
- Internal medicine vs standard family care or primary care physician
- Experience and ability to diagnose complex problems before they become worse
It is always recommended to use a board-certified physician as a PCP.
In addition, seeking the help of an internal medicine doctor will have better advantages over a family practice physician as Internists go through rigorous training in different specialties offering below comprehensive services. Please read this link for more information between primary care and internal medicine.
* Annual Physicals
* Chronic Disease Management
* Acute Disease Management
* Postpartum Depression & Anxiety
* Postpartum medical complications
* Medical clearances
* Thyroid & other hormonal problems
* Diabetes, HTN, Cold, Flu
* Cancer Screening, Osteoporosis